|The performance of tasks within the energy sector is often coupled with advanced IT solutions. Examples thereof are for example Energy Management where there is a need for IT reporting systems tailored to each customer’s needs, or within Capacity Building, which may call for special websites or e-learning modules or project management tools.In other projects where quality assurance is paramount we pay attention to the close relationship between project information and document management ensuring for all products ( drawings, descriptions, notes, calculations, etc.) clarity at what level and to what extent the current information must be ensured at.
Our highly experienced ICT specialists, development communication experts, and educationalists cover a broad spectrum of ICT4D services, including:
- ICT enabling environments, including feasibility studies and baselines, infrastructure planning and strategies, funding and budgeting, establishment of partnerships, investment/re-investment in networks and applications, and issues around local access and last mile solutions;
- Monitoring and evaluation, including impact, efficiency and sustainability of e.g. bilateral and multilateral development projects/programs embedding ICT components and/or with explicit focus on ICT4D;
- Design of ICT policies, including national policies and strategies for local governments;
e-government consulting and development, including Business Models and strategies for networks, applications (management, organisation, participation, services, QA, partnerships, sustainability, etc.);
- ICT capacity building and skills development, including e-learning and e-business solutions and technology learning;
- Content development, including curricula development, training material for skills development, use of media, data collection methodologies, project management tools, portals, websites, etc.
Development projects and programs have been designed and implemented for a variety of governmental institutions, non-governmental institutions, international agencies and private sector clients, including:
- APEC (Asian-Pacific Economic Cooperation);
- Australian Greenhouse Office;
- Danish International Development Assistance DANIDA (Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs) and DANCED (Danish
- Cooperation for Environment and Development);
- EBRD (European Bank for Reconstruction and Development);
- European Commission;
- IEA (International Energy Agency);
- IFC (International Finance Corporation);
- Finnish Development Aid;
- REEEP (Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Partnership);
- UNDP (United Nations Development Programme);
- USAID (United States Agency for International Development);
- World Bank and others.